A Car Accident Lawyer Woodland Hills, CA Victims Recommend Can Help You
If you have been injured in a car accident, you are likely overwhelmed and unsure of what to do. Many car accident victims have to deal with the pain and treatment of their injuries as well as the stress of paying for medical care and vehicle repairs from the collision. They don’t know how they will pay the medical bills. If their injury prevents them from working, they may not even have an income.
Barry P. Goldberg is a Woodland Hills car accident lawyer who may be able to help you.
California state law allows an accident victim to pursue a personal injury claim or a lawsuit against the driver who caused the accident that resulted in their injuries. The legal team at Barry P. Goldberg has helped accident victims get the compensation to which they may be entitled for all of their losses.
What is the Car Accident Claim Process?
Many victims are unsure of how they should initiate an accident claim when they have been injured. Although every case is different, the following is an overview. As an experienced Woodland Hills car accident lawyer, Barry P. Goldberg can guide you through the entire process.
- The victim meets with a Woodland Hills car accident lawyer for a free case evaluation. This appointment is completely confidential no matter what the victim decides to do.
- Once the victim has retained the services of a Woodland Hills car accident lawyer, the attorney will contact both the victim’s insurance company and the at-fault driver’s insurance company by letter. The letter will detail the client’s accident losses and a statement to the effect that the other driver is responsible for paying those costs.
- The victim continues to obtain medical treatment for their injuries. They need to make sure they keep all appointments and follow all instructions by doctors, therapists, and any other specialists. The victim should focus on their injuries and recovery and the Woodland Hills car accident lawyer will focus on their injury case.
- The Woodland Hills car accident lawyer will request all of the victim’s medical records, records of lost wages, and records of any other financial losses the victim has suffered.
- The attorney will prepare all of these financial documents and send to the at-fault driver’s auto insurance company. These documents will verify the quantifiable financial losses the victim has suffered. The attorney will also determine the other losses the victim has sustained that do not have quantifiable losses – such as pain and suffering and emotional anguish – and will use a formula to calculate how much those losses are worth.
- The Woodland Hills car accident lawyer will then begin the negotiation process with the at-fault driver’s insurance company. Once an offer is made that is acceptable, the two parties will proceed with the victim’s settlement. If the attorney and insurance company cannot agree on an amount, or if the insurance company is not negotiating in good faith, the attorney will then take the accident case to court for litigation.
Barry P. Goldberg: A Car Accident Lawyer Woodland Hills, CA Drivers Appreciate
If you have been injured in a car accident and need to retain the services of a Woodland Hills car accident lawyer, contact Barry P. Goldberg for a free case evaluation and to find out how much your case may be worth.