Car Accident Lawyer Woodland Hills, CA
Does it Make Sense to Hire Legal Representation Following a Minor Car Accident?
The term “fender bender” is often used to describe minor car accidents, even if the car’s fender remains unaffected by a collision. When this term is tossed about in conversation, it is generally treated as a casual subject. But the truth of the matter is that not all seemingly minor car accidents are actually insignificant. Our car accident lawyer in Woodland Hills, CA from Barry P. Goldberg has seen this many times. This is one reason why we offer accident victims of any type of car accident a free initial consultation with our car accident lawyer. It’s an opportunity to discuss your case and learn more about your legal options, especially if you sustained an injury that turns out to be serious.
Common Injuries in Minor Car Accidents
Sometimes, a motorist or a passenger involved in a car accident who seemed fine at the scene may later develop severe medical symptoms like concussions, soft tissue damage, potentially life threatening infections from cuts or internal bleeding. Our car accident lawyer in Woodland Hills, CA from Barry P. Goldberg is aware of many victims who should have sought immediate medical attention after a “minor” accident but did not.
Because seemingly insignificant accidents may result in significant long-term consequences, it may be a good idea to contact our car accident lawyer in Woodland Hills, CA in the wake of a fender bender. While consulting with our firm will likely not take you much time or energy, failure to seek adequate legal counsel in the wake of your accident may cost you in significant ways down the road.
Claims and Damages
Far too often, individuals who are involved in minor accidents are shocked when they receive legal paperwork related to the collision sent by an attorney retained by another individual who was involved. One of the reasons for hiring a car accident lawyer in Woodland Hills, CA following an accident is that if the liable party pursues legal action against you, you already have a legal advocate.
Similarly, individuals involved in minor accidents are often understandably frustrated when either their auto insurance or medical insurance provider rejects an injury claim from the collision. A car accident lawyer in Woodland Hills, CA from our firm may be able to assist you by negotiating a settlement on your behalf.
Finally, if it turns out that the car accident was not truly minor because you or a loved one ended up suffering related medical challenges that were not initially detectable, our car accident lawyer in Woodland Hills, CA can help you file a personal injury suit if that course of action is appropriate and the healthiest option for you and your family.
Legal Help Is Available
If you or a loved one has been involved in a motor vehicle collision, consider contacting Barry P. Goldberg. Sometimes even the most seemingly minor accidents cause significant injuries to those involved.
A Car Accident Lawyer Woodland Hills, CA Victims Recommend Can Help You
If you have been injured in a car accident, you are likely overwhelmed and unsure of what to do. Many car accident victims have to deal with the pain and treatment of their injuries as well as the stress of paying for medical care and vehicle repairs from the collision. They don’t know how they will pay the medical bills. If their injury prevents them from working, they may not even have an income.
Barry P. Goldberg is a Woodland Hills car accident lawyer who may be able to help you.
California state law allows an accident victim to pursue a personal injury claim or a lawsuit against the driver who caused the accident that resulted in their injuries. The legal team at Barry P. Goldberg has helped accident victims get the compensation to which they may be entitled for all of their losses.
What is the Car Accident Claim Process?
Many victims are unsure of how they should initiate an accident claim when they have been injured. Although every case is different, the following is an overview. As an experienced Woodland Hills car accident lawyer, Barry P. Goldberg can guide you through the entire process.
- The victim meets with a Woodland Hills car accident lawyer for a free case evaluation. This appointment is completely confidential no matter what the victim decides to do.
- Once the victim has retained the services of a Woodland Hills car accident lawyer, the attorney will contact both the victim’s insurance company and the at-fault driver’s insurance company by letter. The letter will detail the client’s accident losses and a statement to the effect that the other driver is responsible for paying those costs.
- The victim continues to obtain medical treatment for their injuries. They need to make sure they keep all appointments and follow all instructions by doctors, therapists, and any other specialists. The victim should focus on their injuries and recovery and the Woodland Hills car accident lawyer will focus on their injury case.
- The Woodland Hills car accident lawyer will request all of the victim’s medical records, records of lost wages, and records of any other financial losses the victim has suffered.
- The attorney will prepare all of these financial documents and send to the at-fault driver’s auto insurance company. These documents will verify the quantifiable financial losses the victim has suffered. The attorney will also determine the other losses the victim has sustained that do not have quantifiable losses – such as pain and suffering and emotional anguish – and will use a formula to calculate how much those losses are worth.
- The Woodland Hills car accident lawyer will then begin the negotiation process with the at-fault driver’s insurance company. Once an offer is made that is acceptable, the two parties will proceed with the victim’s settlement. If the attorney and insurance company cannot agree on an amount, or if the insurance company is not negotiating in good faith, the attorney will then take the accident case to court for litigation.
Barry P. Goldberg: A Car Accident Lawyer Woodland Hills, CA Drivers Appreciate
If you have been injured in a car accident and need to retain the services of a car accident lawyer Woodland Hills, CA offers, contact Barry P. Goldberg for a free case evaluation and to find out how much your case may be worth.