Do You Need the Assistance of a Brain Injury Law Firm Woodland Hills, CA Trusts?
Brain injuries may be common but they are also one of the most dangerous and life-changing injuries a person can sustain. Every year, over half a million head injuries require hospitalization and, unfortunately, some of these injuries even result in death. According to the Center for Head Injury Services, causes of brain injuries include:
51% by motorcycles accidents
21% by falls
12% by assault or violent crimes
10% sporting accidents
6% from other types of situation
These incidents can cause irreversible and catastrophic injuries. There are two types of brain injuries that someone can sustain. The first is traumatic brain injury (TBI) and the other is referred to as acquired brain injury (ABI).
Head injuries can be caused by an external force like a car crash, fall, sports injury, physical abuse, etc. and often can cause mild concussions. In severe cases, there may be a serious TBI that results in long-lasting consequences.
Brain injuries are not straightforward; often their diagnoses are complex, they need monitoring, and long-term treatment. Tragically, many victims never reach full recovery.
Due to technological advances in medicine, brain injuries can be treated. Research has allowed patients to acquire medicine and treatments that, in many cases, help patients make a full recovery. Treatment for brain injuries are expensive and often require top-notch medical experts. Victims and their families often need a Woodland Hills, CA brain injury law firm to handle negotiations with a personal injury lawsuit so they can obtain the compensation they deserve.
Obtaining compensation for these expenses can be overwhelming and really hard to handle for someone without legal experience, let alone someone recovering from a brain injury. The insurance company is not the victim’s ally. They are interested in handling their cases as quickly as possible, as well as paying the least amount of compensation to the victim, regardless of what the victim actually deserves.
When dealing with brain injury or head trauma cases, it is important that you retain the services of an experienced brain injury law firm in Woodland Hills, CA. Choosing a lawyer that has extensive experience is complicated and you really need someone that you can trust. Let Barry P. Goldberg, A Professional Law Corporation help you. We can help you recover for the following damages:
- Medical Bills: We can help you gain compensation for past, current, and future medical bills.
- Loss of Wages: Whether you are were unable to work while you recovered or you have been left permanently disabled and unable to work, you are entitled to compensation for this loss of income.
- Pain and Suffering: Chronic pain that affects your quality of living or lifestyle.
- Life Care: Non-medical expenses for activities you are unable to do while you are receiving treatment, such as home health aide or transportation for medical treatments.
- Punitive Damages: If the party who caused your injury exhibited extreme recklessness or negligence, such as a drunk driver, you may be awarded punitive damages.
The lawyers at our brain injury law firm Woodland Hills, CA clients recommend know how to be aggressive when presenting your case. We believe you do not have to endure this traumatic experience alone. We work with an extensive portfolio of medical experts that can help us with your case and offer over 30 of legal experience.