Being injured in a car or other type of auto accident (such as a truck accident or motorcycle accident), can be a traumatizing experience. Unfortunately, certain portrayals of attorneys have also made the idea of hiring an experienced personal injury lawyer to help you recover financially for your losses seem just as upsetting. At the Injury Law Professionals, we understand that if you or a loved one is injured because of someone else’s negligence, the last thing you want to do is deal with an unskillled lawyer. You need someone who has your best interests at heart and who will walk you through the legal process.
Continue reading to learn when you should hire a Woodland Hills personal injury lawyer to help you after you are injured in an accident.
If you or a loved one was involved in an automobile accident, you should strongly consider hiring a car accident lawyer if:
- You or a loved one sustained serious injuries with possible long-term repercussions (such as ongoing physical therapy),
- The other driver was an uninsured or underinsured motorist,
- There is a dispute between you and the other driver as to who was at fault,
- You are feeling pressured by the insurance claims adjuster to agree to a quick settlement,
- You don’t believe that you or your loved one is being fully compensated for current and/or future medical costs,
- You fear the statute of limitation may prevent you from bringing your lawsuit,
- Injuries from the accident have caused you or your loved one to miss more than a few days of work,
- You or your loved one experienced a head or brain injury,
- You or your loved one is having difficulty performing simple daily functions, such as walking, dressing, and/or eating,
- You or your loved one have a prior injury or medical condition that may have been aggravated by this new injury,
- You are contacted by the other party’s lawyer to discuss a settlement.
This list is non-exhaustive. If you or a loved one was injured as a result of another person’s or entity’s negligence, the law is on your side. Contact a San Fernando Valley car accident lawyer to discuss the specifics of your potential case and whether retaining legal counsel is the best choice for you.
Barry P. Goldberg is a personal injury attorney in the San Fernando Valley with experience and knowledge. Reach out to him today to discuss your potential case.