Bike Accident Lawyer Canoga Park CA
As cycling becomes more and more popular, so too does the number of bike accidents, both in California and across the country. Whether for exercise, recreation, or transportation, vehicle drivers now share the road with cyclists, both in urban and rural areas. A bike accident lawyer in Canoga Park CA from Barry P. Goldberg, a Professional Law Corporation understands just how catastrophic bike accident injuries can be and work hard to get injured victims the financial compensation they deserve.
Over the past five years, there has been a marked increase in the number of cyclists who use their bike as the primary transportation method to get to their jobs. In fact, the number of these types of cyclists has doubled in five years. Some of the more common reasons cited as to why people cycle include the following:
- Improved Health: Cycling burns a lot more calories than driving a car does. Not only that, you can’t eat that muffin or donut riding a bike to work in the morning like you can driving a vehicle.
- Costs Less: There really are no added expenses when riding a bike. You don’t have to pay for gas every day, pay for vehicle insurance, car repairs, oil changes, etc. This can add up to hundreds of dollars in savings each year.
- Easier to Maneuver in Heavy Traffic: Although it is critical to keep safety in mind when cycling, it is much easier to maneuver through heavy traffic on a bike than it is in a vehicle. So, you spend more time moving and less time hitting your gas and brake in those stop and go commuter traffic jams.
But all of these benefits mean that there are more adult bike accidents that occur. According to national statistics, during a 15-year period, the number of adult bike accidents increased by 30 percent. The number of injured cyclists who had to be hospitalized because of bike accident injuries increased by an incredible 10 percent. At our law firm, each Canoga Park CA bike accident lawyer have also seen a great increase in the number of bike accident victims who come to us for help.
Some of the more common causes of bike accident injuries include:
- Twenty-nine percent: Struck by a vehicle
- Seventeen percent: Cyclist fall
- Thirteen percent: Cyclist error
- Thirteen percent: Bad road conditions
- Seven percent: Non-vehicular crash
- Four percent: Dog intervention
Some of the behavior that has been shown to prove more likely to result in a motor vehicle striking a cyclist are:
- Aggressive driving
- Distracted driving
- Drunk driving
- Failure to signal
- Quick lane change
Contact a Canoga Park CA Bike Accident Lawyer Today
If you would like to discuss your bicycle accident case with a proven bike accident lawyer Canoga Park CA victims trust, contact Barry P. Goldberg, a Professional Law Corporation today. Call our office to schedule a free and confidential case evaluation and find out how our legal team can help ensure your rights are protected and you get the financial compensation you deserve.