San Fernando Valley personal injury attorney Barry P. Goldberg was recently featured on Lawpreneur Radio. Host Miranda McCroskey and Barry chatted about Barry’s experience as a “lawpreneur” and starting his own firm.
A few highlights from their conversation:
- Barry explains that when he went on his own, he assumed business would come to him because he was a great lawyer.
- Barry, who firmly believes in having a strong online presence to generate new business, says that he comes from a
generation of attorneys that thought advertising was crazy and that having a website was crazier still.
- Barry discusses how his professional turning point on advertising came when he started blogging on uninsured/under-insured motorists, following the lead of Kristen Marquis Dennis of WebPresence, ESQ.
- Early on, Barry wrote all of his content. Today, thanks to a thriving practice, he doesn’t have time and outsources some of his content creation.
- About three years ago Barry started getting phone calls from people wanting to meet him and have him handle their case that had found him through his website and his organic search results.
- Barry is a big fan of Avvo for lead generation.
Barry is in his 30th year of practice and has seen firsthand how the legal profession has changed. He credits his small firm’s rapid growth to an intelligent content marketing strategy.