In the confusion and chaos often following a serious auto accident in Woodland Hills, the last thing on many accident victims’ minds is protecting their legal rights. However, if down the road, you or your loved one may want to consider bringing a personal injury claim against a negligent driver, it is important that you remember to gather certain information that could end up being very useful. Of course, if you or your loved one is seriously injured in the crash and require immediate transportation to a hospital to take care of injuries, your well-being comes first. Perhaps a non-injured friend or family member can obtain documentation and photographs to potentially be used as evidence on your behalf.
What to Write Down After an Auto Accident
If you or a loved one is injured in an automobile accident, it could be helpful to write down, or have someone else write down for you, these ten important accident-related details as soon as possible:
1. The date and time of the accident
2. The day’s weather conditions
4. The location of the accident
5. The direction you were traveling
6. What happened just before the accident
7. How the accident happened (drawing a diagram might be helpful)
8. The drivers and vehicles involved, including physical descriptions of the people and the car[s], and relevant insurance information
9. Identification of potential witnesses
10. A date, time, and description of any communication from the other driver and/or his or her insurance company
A successful personal injury lawsuit settlement can help you recover the financial bills you may incur as a result of being injured in a car accident. Compensation can include medical and hospital bills, lost wages, the cost of emotional counseling, and other expenses that are incurred after you or a loved one are injured in a serious car accident.
Remember, with the help of an experienced Woodland Hills personal injury lawyer you don’t have to collect evidence, find answers, or deal with insurance companies on your own. The legal professionals at the Woodland Hills law offices of Barry P. Goldberg have handled many personal injury cases for clients. Reach out to attorney Barry P. Goldberg today to discuss your legal rights.